BALLYHOURA HERITAGE & ENVIRONMENT CLG
JOB TITLE: Community Employment Scheme Supervisor
LOCATION: Kilfinane, Co. Limerick
CONTRACT: 19.5 hours (job share)
CONTRACT DURATION: Subject to yearly review
SALARY: Pro-rata starting at point 1 of the CE supervisor scale
REPORTING TO: Chairperson of the Board of Ballyhoura Heritage & Environment CLG, the Sponsoring Body.
FUNCTION: To ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the CE Scheme and report to the Board of Ballyhoura Heritage & Environment on its implementation. A core aspect of the role is to support and coach CE participants towards gaining the skills and competencies in preparation for employment.
The CE Scheme Supervisor will oversee the operations of the Visitor Services Community Employment Scheme which focuses on the development and maintenance of recreation, heritage, environment, tourism, culture infrastructure and services.
Visitor Services Project Co-ordination, which includes:
- Ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with CE corporate governance requirements as directed by the Sponsoring Organisation
- Ensure that financial returns i.e. wages claims, materials claims, and participant development grant claims meet the standard as laid down by Department
- Ensure implementation of systems controlling the operation of all finances e.g. cheque payments book, petty cash system, debtors, creditors and participant’s payroll, bank account and PRSI returns as directed by the Sponsoring Organisation
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of participant allowances.
- Ensure the security of cash/equipment on the scheme as directed by the Sponsoring Organisation
- Install and manage effective timekeeping record system for participants on scheme.
- Liaise with the local DSP Office as required.
Training & Development Provision
- Carry out an identification of learner needs with each participant on the scheme as part of the Individual Learner Plan process.
- Identify needs and source and co-ordinate cost effective training/development opportunities in line with DSP procurement guidelines.
- Prepare an Individual Learning Plan for each Participant for submission to DSP in accordance with CE procedures.
- Ensure access to recognised qualifications for participants, with a focus on the achievement of relevant qualifications including Major Awards on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or industry related equivalent.
- Plan and procure relevant training opportunities which have been approved by DSP.
- Maintain and update training records for each participant on the project as part of their Individual Learner Plans.
- Monitor and review training inputs with the participants.
- Plan and organise work placements – internal and external as required.
- Report on ILP developments to BH&E.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants per the CE Recruitment and Referral Process issued by DSP.
- Plan and co-ordinate the approved work schedules and ensure contracts of employment are in place for all participants.
- Communicate effectively with all participants on the scheme using team meetings and individual formal and informal ‘one-to-one’ meetings.
- Develop a mutual understanding with participants in relation to their needs for re-entry to work where the participant had been long-term unemployed and needs to develop a clear progression path.
- Implement job search activities with participants.
- Deal with all disciplinary matters in relation to participants in accordance with DSP CE procedures.
- Liaise with employers to promote progression to work and work with other support organisations as needed.
- Develop an exit plan with each participant.
- Follow-up and report on participants for up to 4 months on exit from CE.
- Manage staff resources as required.
- Engage in training and development as detailed in Procedures Manual.
- Report to Sponsoring Committee as required.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for participants – both in terms of facilities and work practices.
- Ensure work experience placements on the scheme are in line with CE application.
- Supervise, schedule and manage participants.
- Fully participate in training and development opportunities provided by BH&E and by DSP as required for the post.
- Carry out any other function relevant to the position of Supervisor (Community Employment) as indicated by BH&E.
Financial Monitoring and Programme and Training Monitoring
- Ensure the CE scheme is compliant with financial, programme and training monitoring requirements as detailed in the CE Operating Procedures.
Progression of CE Participants
- Exit Planning
- Intensive Job Search activities as part of exit planning
- Engagement with Local Employers
- Database of Employers
Construction, Maintenance, Environment, Tourism
- Devise, co-ordinate and supervise maintenance plans for all recreation, heritage, environment, tourism and culture infrastructure and services.
- Liaise with other agencies and all stakeholders in relation to development, management and maintenance
- Liaise and build relations with Communities in Ballyhoura Country Research new and potential facilities and services
- Oversee the management of Tourist Information and Reception of the Ballyhoura Centre, including scheme administration, work rotas, and the provision of up to date tourist information.
- Provide support for guiding services and organization and promotion of local events Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the Ballyhoura Centre, internal and external
- Market the outdoor recreation, tourism, environment, culture, heritage facilities and services of Ballyhoura Countr
- Report to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis Attend monthly Board meetings
- Ensure all work carried out is in line with Company policies and procedures Participate in Company training as and when requested
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Major Award at 3rd Level (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines in Engineering, Quantity Surveyor, Construction Management or similar.
- ICT skills essential (e.g. MS Office).
- Full clean drivers license
- Previous people, projects and financial management experience relevant to the post (3 years minimum).
- Previous experience in Administration, Project Management and/or Training or other relevant positions.
- Previous experience working in a construction setting
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals and job-seekers.
- Capable of directing, motivating, coaching and mentoring job seekers.
- Ability to work under the direction of the Sponsoring Organisation for the effective implementation of the CE Programme in line with the CE Operational Procedures.
Knowledge of Post
- Have a solid understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to long-term unemployed and vulnerable adults. Display responsibility, commitment and motivation to implement the objectives of the Community Employment Programme.
- Good knowledge of Ballyhoura Country heritage facilities, infrastructure, services, tourism, environment and culture.
To apply please send CV and cover letter by email only stating clearly the position you are applying for to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 13th January 2020 at 5pm