+353 (0) 63 91300 reception@ballyhoura.org

Oola is a village in County Limerick. The main N24 road from Limerick to Waterford passes through the town and the town of Tipperary is located 12 kilometres south-east of Oola. It has approximately 500 inhabitants. The village is home to a church (The Church of The Sacred Heart), a petrol station, a convenience store, two public houses, a playing pitch, a post office, a credit union, a hall, and a florist. In the spring of 2012, a community council was formed to help in keeping the village archives and to maintain an information resource for villagers past and present.

Oola graveyard has been digitally surveyed and is viewable if you follow this link:  Oola (Village) Historic Graveyard, click here  |  Oola (St Anthony’s Cemetary) Historic Graves, click here


Graveyard name: Oola Village Graveyard Code: LI-OOVL


Main Street,  Oola, Co. Limerick,  Ireland.

Coordinates: 52 31′ 47″ N 8 15′ 39″ W


The Statue of the Blessed Virgin on the hill was erected in 1954 by volunteers from the parish of Oola to commemorate the Marian Year. The statue was commissioned from an Italian craftsman operating in Dublin and was delivered to Oola railway station. It can be seen for miles, especially at night when it is lit up.

The 50th Anniversary of the erection of the statue was held on 14 August 2004 when a very large crowd climbed the hill and took part in the Blessing by Parish Priest, Fr. John Morris.


The ruins of Oola Castle stand close to the village and in 1825, some large and perfect antlers of the Irish elk were discovered; and, in 1828, a brazen trumpet, and spear and arrow heads of bronze were found, which were placed in the museum of Trinity College, Dublin.

Castles of Munster: Oola,Co. Limerick.

Not far from the main Limerick to Tipperary road is Oola, a late C16 O’Brien tower, its roofless gables rising above circular bartizans on the NE and SW corners. The upper levels have two light windows with hoodmoulds, and inside, the east and west walls still have their original fireplaces.


Main Street, Oola, Co. Limerick.


Main Street, Oola, Co. Limerick

Phone: 062 47662


Oola, Co. Limerick.

Phone: 062 47665


Ballyluddy, Oola, Co. Limerick.


Oola Church forms part of the united parishes of Oola and Solohead in the Archdiocese of Emly and Cashel. Whilst Oola is in the County of Limerick Solohead is in County Tipperary.

Parish Priest: Fr. John Morris

Phone: 062 47614/ 087 688 8898

Email: jamorris@eircom.net

Sacristan: Mr. Phillip OMahony


The Oola Community Centre was opened in April 1988 and now provides great service for the people of Oola. Many activities take place in the centre each week and local organisations use the centre for their regular meetings.


Bingo takes place on Tuesday nights with an 8.30pm start.Over €1000 in prize money is paid out weekly.


During the months of spring and winter progressive 45 is held in the Community Centre starting at 8.30pm. Prizes are given for the highest number of games and the second highest number along with table prizes on the last five games.

Oola Community Centre, Glebe, Oola, Co. Limerick.


Founded in 1887-88, Oola is a club richly steeped in football tradition & holds the distinction of winning the 1st Limerick Senior football Championship of the Twentieth Century & has won 6 County Senior Championships 1900, 1918, 1922, 1925, 1961 and 1979.

Oola GAA Club, 7 Main Street, Oola, Co. Limerick.

Phone: 062 47533


Set in the shadow of the Galtee Mountains, this hotel in Tipperary is adjacent to the renowned Tipperary Racecourse, Limerick Junction railway station and the Glen of Aherlow. This makes Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort the perfect 4* Tipperary conference hotel, leisure & spa destination and the ultimate wedding venue.

Situated in a picturesque location coupled with a contemporary finish, a visit to Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort is a truly memorable experience and a popular choice of venue for business, leisure or weddings in Tipperary.

This Tipperary hotel is just a half hour drive or short train journey from Limerick City. Its central location on the main Limerick to Waterford Road, or an hours drive from Cork makes Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort the ideal location for meetings and conferences with a reputation as one of the finest Tipperary conference hotels. This Tipperary hotel also has a great golf course, a modern spa called Serenity Day Spa and a base for walking and other activities. Check availability now.

Choose from self-catering or hotel accommodation in either our:

  • Two bedroom lodges overlooking the championship golf course
  • Contemporary 4* hotel guest rooms with a touch of class

A warm welcome from the hotel’s friendly team awaits you here..!

Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort, Limerick Junction, Co. Tipperary, Ireland.

Phone: +353 (0) 62 33333

Fax: +353 (0) 62 31555


Dairy Guesthouse and Activity Centre, Dromkeen, Co. Limerick

Phone: 087 666 9186

Luxury Country accommodation and activity centre located in the West of Ireland near Limerick City. Built on the banks of the Mulcair fishing river and close to Castletroy golf course, Ballykisteen golf course and Ballyneety Golf course.For wining and dining we are located within minutes of three restaurants Eibhle Restaurant in Cappamore, Preachers restaurant in Doon (converted church) and Chaser Fitzgeralds in Pallasgreen. There are traditional thatch pubs close to us in Boher village.

  • Free use of Bicycles with cycle maps
  • Free use of Gymnasium
  • Free use of Snooker room
  • Special golfing rates for local golf courses in Limerick
  • Special horse riding rates for Crecora Equestrian Centre
  • Free use of river fishing rods
  • Free use of Sea fishing rods
  • Free use of Golf clubs