The ruins of a Protestant church in Kilbehenny are located on the side where the community hall now stands.
Robert, Earl of Kingston built it in 1844. The first Minister was Rev. Kearney.
The Old graveyard and medieval church are of significant historical interest. Many graves date back over 300 years. Amongst some of those interred there is the patron of Mitchelstown John Mandeville who was involved in the Land League. A digital graveyard survey is complete and online: http://historicgraves.com/graveyard/kilbeheny-old-graveyard/li-ogkb
The engravings on many of the head stones are carved in great detail and carried out with a hammer and chisel.