+353 (0) 63 91300 reception@ballyhoura.org

New Church replaced an older chapel which was used by the Earls of Desmond. The present structure dates from 1679 a simple rectangular building.

It was endowed with a chalice and patten which bear the inscription of The guift of the Right Honourable Rachel Countess Dowager of Bath to her chapel-of-ease Logh Guir, Ireland 1679.

The famed poet harper Thomas O Connellan who died in 1698 in Bourchiers Castle is buried here in an unmarked grave as is Owen Bresnan (1847-1912) local poet and historian who composed Teampall Nua and Sweet Lough Gur side.